Texas Tech Womens Tennis vs. North Carolina State University.

Freshman Margarita Skriabina and Sophomore Olivia Peet compete in doubles against North Carolina State University at The Mcleod Tennis Center, Saturday Feb, 15 at 1 pm

The Texas Tech women’s tennis team defeated Texas Christian in a 4-3 win. This was the Lady Raiders' last match on the road this season. 

Junior Kaitlin Staines and doubles partner freshman Lisa Mays fell to the Horned Frogs 4-6 top open up. 

And freshman Metka Komac and sophomore Nell Miller continued the momentum to win their match 6-4.

Sophomore Olivia Peet and freshman Margarita Skriabina took a bit longer to regain traction and were tied 5-5 early on. However, they found their rhythm, and closed the match with 6-4 win.

Tech went into the singles portion with a 1-0 lead. 

Staines was the first to fall to TCU with a 3-6, 2-6 loss. This gave the Horned Frogs the first win and tied the match 1-1.

Komac started the Lady Raider momentum up next with a two-set 6-3, 6-3 win. This gave Tech a 2-1 lead with three players left on the Fort Worth court. 

Miller started the first set with a 6-1 victory. Miller continued to outplay the Horned Frogs and finished with a 6-1 win. 

With a 3-1 score, Peet nailed the final point and secured the fourth and winning point in a three-set match.

The pair of programs finished the rest of the matches and Skriabina lost in three sets to the Horned Frogs by a 4-2 score. 

The Lady Raiders will return to the McLeod Tennis Center to face Texas at 2 p.m. on Friday, April 16th.