Lady Raiders pep-talk

The Lady Raiders played women's tennis against TCU on Saturday, Feb. 27, 2021 at the McLeod Tennis Center. The Lady Raiders defeated the Horned Frogs 6-1.

Texas Tech Athletics announced its newest women's tennis coach, Adam Herendeen, on Tuesday. Herendeen joins the program after seven seasons as women's tennis coach at Furman University, where he was a three-time SoCan Coach of the year.

Herendeen comes to Lubbock following a historic tenure at Furman that included five NCAA tournament appearances and six SoCan regular season titles in his seven years with the program. He amassed a 139-44 record during his time with the Paladins, including a perfect 43-0 mark in conference matches.

Prior to his time at Furman, Herendeen was men's tennis coach at Presbyterian College, his alma mater. In four seasons with the program, Herendeen led the Blue Hose to a 79-42 record, as well as their regular-season title in 2014.

Herendeen replaces Todd Petty as Tech's women's tennis coach, who resigned from the position in June after 14 seasons with the program, according to Tech Athletics.

Herendeen will be the third head coach to make his Texas Tech debut in 2022, joining Joey McGuire (football) and Craig Snider (softball).