Media Review Monday: House of the Dragon

Dragons, action and fantasy galore. The "House of the Dragon" takes viewers into the House of Targaryen in this prequel series from the Game of Thrones franchise. 

The wait is over for Game of Thrones fans with the arrival of the long anticipated prequel, House of the Dragon.

Viewers revisit the Iron Throne in the newly released HBO series. Set 200 years before the events of the first series, House of the Dragon delivers tales of fantasy and drama that continue the lore of the stories before. Focusing on the Targaryen family, the show takes on the inner workings of their reign.

House of the Dragon does not shy from the brutality and gore that popularized the franchise. No stranger to controversy, the first episodes of House of the Dragon display an even more graphic show with scenes of blood and guts.

As a huge fan of the first series, House of the Dragon explores important characters mentioned in the first show and gives watchers insight to the downfall of House of Targaryen.

House of the Dragon showcases a promising show that will satisfy fans all over and introduces new viewers to the world of Game of Thrones.