Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Louis C.K., Bill Clinton and the current president of the United States Donald Trump all have something in common. 

They are powerful, wealthy, and have all been accused of sexually assaulting multiple women. The issue of sexual assault and sexual harassment has been at the forefront of every news media station over the past year. Several extremely powerful men have been accused of harassing and assaulting women from as far back as the 1960s. 

Recently, five women in the state of Alabama came out in the public and revealed that they were sexually assaulted by Republican Senate candidate, Roy Moore. A hashtag called #metoo was started by women who revealed they too were also sexually assaulted at a young age. All this leads to the conclusion that there is a problem in our society. 

That problem is powerful men getting away with assaulting women. I believe each of us should care about this because we all have mothers, sisters, and female relatives who we love and would never want to see them go through such a traumatic experience. 

Thankfully there’s a solution: creating legislation that protects individuals who come out and reveal that they have been sexually assaulted. Ask your congressman and senator to construct legislation that protects our mothers and sisters. 

If you do nothing, these predators will keep on getting away with it. Imagine a future with less rapists around.