Police Blotter

Friday, September 7

10:17 a.m. A Texas Tech police officer investigated harassment involving a student receiving unwanted communication from another student at the Library.

4:01 p.m. A Tech officer arrested four non-students following a welfare check of a suspicious vehicle in the S1 parking lot. The driver of the vehicle was arrested for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and tampering and concealing evidence. The front seat passenger was arrested for two outstanding Lubbock Police Department warrants. The back-left passenger was arrested for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of methamphetamine. The back-right passenger was arrested for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of more than one valid driver's license. All four non-students were issued criminal trespass warnings for all Texas Tech University property. The vehicle was impounded by Lubbock Wrecker Services and the four non-students were transported to Lubbock County Jail.

Saturday, September 8

2:14 a.m. A Tech officer arrested a student for possession of THC wax in the Coleman Residence Hall. The student was transported to the Lubbock County Jail. 

4:19 a.m. A Tech officer released a non-student pending the filing of charges for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in the Flint Avenue Parking Garage.

3:50 p.m. A Tech officer arrested a student for public intoxication in section 17 of Jones AT&T Stadium. The student was transported to the Lubbock County Jail.

4:04 p.m. A Tech officer arrested a student for public intoxication at gate 6 of Jones AT&T Stadium. The student was transported to the Lubbock County Jail. 

4:07 p.m. A Tech officer issued a student a criminal trespass warning at the gate 6 of Jones AT&T Stadium.

5:13 p.m. A Tech officer issued a non-student a Lubbock County citation for consumption of alcohol by a minor in the C12 parking lot. The non-student signed the citation and was released. 

6:27 p.m. A Tech officer reported information regarding a medical emergency at Gates Residence Hall.  Emergency Medical Services transported the student to the University Medical Center Emergency Room. 

6:56 p.m. A Tech officer arrested a student for public intoxication in the R1 parking lot. The student was transported to the Lubbock County Jail. 

10:10 p.m. A Tech officer arrested a student for possession of marijuana and tampering and concealing evidence occurred in the Z4P parking lot. The student was transported to the Lubbock County Jail.

Sunday, September 9

7:25 p.m. A Tech officer reported information regarding an emergency detention in the 3200 block of 9th Street.  Emergency Medical Services transported the student to the University Medical Center Emergency Room.

10:42 p.m. A Tech officer reported information regarding a medical emergency at Hulen Residence Hall. Emergency Medical Services transported the student to the Covenant Hospital Emergency Room.

11:52 p.m. A Tech officer attempted to detain four subjects at Chitwood Residence Hall. The four unknown subjects fled, and one of the subjects dropped personal property and several alcoholic beverages while fleeing.

Information provided by BJ Watson, senior administrative assistant, of the Texas Tech Police Department.