Police Blotter

Monday, August 27

10:25 a.m. A Texas Tech police officer reported a vehicle damaged by rebar protruding out of a parking curb in the R22 parking lot.

4:24 p.m. A Tech officer investigated a traffic accident with no injured victims at the 600 block of Red Raider Avenue.

8:06 p.m. A Tech officer arrested a non-student for driving with an invalid licenses and two City of Lubbock warrants in the Z6A parking lot after a traffic stop. The non-student was transported to Lubbock County Jail and the vehicle was released to a licensed driver.

11:59 p.m. A Tech officer investigated a bicycle theft at West Village A Residence Hall. Two unknown suspects stole the bicycle then abandoned it in the 4000 block of 19th Street.

Tuesday, August 28

12:53 a.m. A Tech officer arrested a student for assault and consumption of alcohol by a minor at the Horn Residence Hall. The student was transported to Lubbock County Jail.

3:13 a.m. A Tech officer arrested a student for public intoxication, possession of a fictitious license and possession of a controlled substance at Chitwood Residence Hall. The student was transported to the Lubbock County Jail.

Information provided by BJ Watson, senior administrative assistant, of the Texas Tech Police Department.