Alex Onischuk, the Texas Tech Knight Raiders chess coach, will be inducted into the U.S. Chess Hall of Fame on  April 17, according to a news release from Texas Tech. Onischuck earned his place with 58 other individuals who have made an impact on the game of chess.

Onischuck is not only a chess coach but is ranked in the top 100 chess players in the world and has held that ranking for the last 20 years. At age 19, he achieved the highest-ranking title in the game of chess, international grandmaster, according to the release. Onischuck has made an appearance at six consecutive Chess World Cup competitions and won the U.S. Championship in 2006. He has also secured a spot on six elite U.S. Olympiad teams, including 2013 when they won the gold in the Pan-American Continental Championship. Following that, the U.S. Chess Federation recognized him as Grandmaster of the Year in 2014.

As a coach, Onischuck has lead the chess team to more than 10 national titles since the team’s inception in 2007, by the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The team won back to back national titles in 2011 and 2012, and in 2014, the chess program was named Chess College of the Year.