Women's Golf

Freshman Amy Taylor putts during practice at the Rawls Course at Texas Tech on Friday, April 6, 2018.

The Texas Tech women’s golf team finished the first round of the Big 12 Championship in seventh place with a score of 17-over par on Sunday, April 14, in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. 

Leading the charge for the Red Raiders were freshmen Anna Dong and Cecilie Nielsen, who each shot three-over in the first round, according to Tech Athletics. They are tied for 12th in the individual rankings. 

Senior Mami Yamamoto carded her first round at five-over, putting her in the top-30 for the tournament at 27th in the individual rankings, according to Tech Athletics. 

Sophomore Sofia Garcia finished the opening round at six-over, according to Tech Athletics, putting her in a tie for 30th in the individual rankings. 

Louisa Brunt finished her round in a tie for 41st in the individual rankings with a score of 10-over. 

The Big 12 Championship action continues for the Red Raiders with 18 holes on Monday, April 15, in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.