NCAA Lubbock Regional 2017

Texas Tech junior Gaby Barker tees off at hole seven. The regional tournament took place from May 8 to May 10, 2017, at the Rawls Golf Course.

The Texas Tech women’s golf team placed third on Tuesday, April 2, at the Bruzzy challenge in Argyle.

The Red Raiders finished the tournament with a team total of three-under 861 through three rounds of play, beating out fellow ranked Lone Star State schools No. 2 Texas and No. 19 TCU, according to Texas Tech Athletics.

"I think the way we played proved to us that we can play with some of the best out there," head coach JoJo Robinson said. "We'll keep getting better and work on getting more comfortable when we are close to the lead. I'm really proud of their effort this week."

Sophomore Sofia Garcia lead the Red Raiders carding a combined six-under par, putting her in a tie for third place in the individual rankings and just three shots back from first place. This marks Garcia's third consecutive top-three finish in stroke play, according to Texas Tech Athletics.

Freshman Cecilie Nielson finished her first Bruzzy Challenge at one-under for the tournament, putting her in a tie for 14th overall.

Louisa Brunt and Anna Dong wrapped up play on Tuesday, April 2, with a top-30 finish. Brunt tied for 25th in the individual rankings with a two-over finish, while Anna Dong would tie for 28th in the individual rankings carding a three over finish, according to Texas Tech Athletics.

Senior Mami Yamamoto finished the Bruzzy Challenge at five-over, putting her in a tie for 39th place in the tournament.

The only Red Raider competing as an individual, Destiny Arenas, finished stroke play carding 34-over for the tournament.

The Bruzzy Challenge was the last tournament of the regular season for the Red Raiders, as they now look to the Big 12 Championship in Tulsa, Oklahoma, beginning Sunday, April 14.