_MG_0631wtp.jpg

Texas Tech sophomore Cara Barker drives the ball on the 12th hole during the NCAA Lubbock Regional. The regional tournament took place in the Rawls golf course at 8 a.m. on Monday, May 8th, 2017.

The Texas Tech women’s golf team moved into sixth place after the second round of the NCAA Norman Regional tournament at Jimmy Austin OU Golf Club in Norman, Oklahoma. 

The Red Raiders carded a 294-team total, tying with Ole Miss at five-under for the tournament. 

"We got off to a slow start unlike yesterday, but I thought we played well, the course played tougher than it did yesterday. They had some pins in some tough spots with this wind," head coach JoJo Robinson said, according to Tech Athletics. "Our team fought hard and hung in there. I was proud of how they fought today."  

Anna Dong and Sofia Garcia led the Red Raiders, both carding one-under for the tournament. This puts them in a tie at 18th in the individual rankings. 

Mami Yamamoto carded her second-consecutive even par round, putting her one-stroke behind Dong and Garcia, according to Tech Athletics. Louisa Brunt recorded a five-over round score, while Cecilie Nielson carded a nine-over for her round. 

The final round will be moved to a 9 a.m. shotgun start on Wednesday, April 8, due to inclement weather forecasted for the Norman area.