_MG_0596wtp.jpg

Texas Tech sophomore Cara Barker hits it out of the sand bunker during the NCAA Lubbock Regional. The regional tournament took place in the Rawls golf course at 8 a.m. on Monday, May 8th, 2017.

The Texas Tech women’s golf team finished the second round of the Big 12 Championship still holding seventh place with a score of 27-over par on Monday, April 15, in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. 

The Red Raiders now have a team total of 44-over in the Big 12 Championship, six strokes behind fourth place. 

Leading for the Red Raiders after Monday’s round is sophomore Sofia Garcia, according to Tech Athletics, who shot three birdies on the front nine and carded a three-over for the tournament, putting her in a tie for 14th place in the individual rankings.

Following Garcia are teammates Louisa Brunt and Mami Yamamoto, who both carded seven-over for the second round, while Anna Dong was one stroke behind teammate Cecilie Nielsen, who carded a 10-over par for the round. 

Combined, the team carded nine-over for the second round, just behind the Texas Longhorns' total of eight-over, according to Tech Athletics. 

The Red Raiders will be paired with Kansas State and Iowa State at 8 a.m. Tuesday, April 16, in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.