050817golf.cp.jpg

Texas Tech sophomore Cara Barker examines the green before her putt. The regional tournament took place in the Rawls golf course at 8 a.m. on Monday, May 8th, 2017.

The Texas Tech women’s golf team completed its first two rounds of the Lamkin Invitational on Monday, March 25, in San Diego California. 

The Lamkin Invitational features six teams ranked in the top-50 of the latest Golfstat poll, according to Texas Tech Athletics. The day began with 18 holes of stroke play followed by match play in the afternoon. 

The Lady Raiders finished in fourth place and will advance to the main draw, shooting a total of 16-over par, just three strokes behind third place, according to Tech Athletics.

Tech’s Sofia Garcia carded three birdies to finish the day with a score of one-over par, while Louisa Brunt also broke par three times, shooting two-over par for the day, according to  Tech Athletics.

Senior Mami Yamamoto wrapped up her day at five-over, while Amy Taylor and Anna Dong finished at eight-over and ten-over. The only Red Raider competing as an individual in this tournament, Cecilie Nielson, finished the morning play at seven-over. 

Going into match play, the Red Raiders were be matched up with Vanderbilt for match play, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders lost to Vanderbilt. 

The Red Raiders will face UC Irvine in a consolation draw on Tuesday, March 26.