Texas Tech Football vs. Texas Christian University

Texas Tech Football's coach Matt Wells speaks to game officials during the Texas Tech versus Texas Christian football game at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, at Jones AT&T Stadium. The Red Raiders were defeated by the Horned Frogs, 33-31.

Despite the COIVD-19 pandemic canceling the spring sports season, including football’s spring schedule, Texas Tech head coach Matt Wells announced the signing of Wofford graduate transfer Josh Burger with an athletic scholarship agreement.

Burger will add depth to Tech’s offensive line, adding experience after starting at Wofford for two years. He played the majority of his games at right tackle and started in Wofford’s last 25 games.

In his three seasons at Wofford, the Terriers won the Southern Conference title each year with a 47-11 overall record since 2017. Along with the conference titles, Burger was named to the All-Southern Conference second team in 2018 and earned similar honors by Phil Steele last year. While at Wofford, Burger recorded 292 knockdown blocks with 68 in 2017, 109 in 2018 and 115 last season.

Burger is set to graduate Wofford this spring with a degree in finance before heading to Lubbock for his final season of eligibility.