Weekly Sports Preview

The Daily Toreador's Weekly Sports Preview

The week of Monday, April 22, to Sunday, April 28, will be another exciting week for Texas Tech Athletics as the spring semester starts to wind down.

Monday through Thursday, the only team competing is baseball, as the Red Raiders take on New Mexico at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in Lubbock and at 2 p.m. on Wednesday. Both games will take place at Rip Griffin Park.

Friday will be a busy day for the Red Raiders, as men’s golf heads to White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, to compete in the Big 12 Championship.

Track and field will also host the first day of the Corky/Crofoot Shootout in Lubbock on Friday. This will be an all-day event.

The day continues when softball heads to Stillwater, Oklahoma, to play Oklahoma State at 6 p.m. Baseball will also play Oklahoma State the same day at 6:30 p.m. at home.

Saturday will be a day of continuation, as men’s golf continues play at the Big 12 Championship in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.

Softball will also continue play against Oklahoma State at 4 p.m. in Stillwater, Oklahoma, while baseball continues its series against Oklahoma State at 7:30 p.m. at Rip Griffin Park.

The week comes to an end on Sunday with men’s golf playing the final round of the Big 12 Championship in White Sulphur Springs.

Softball and baseball continue their series against Oklahoma State Sunday as well. Softball plays at 1 p.m. in Stillwater, Oklahoma, and baseball plays at 2 p.m. at Rip Griffin Park.