NCAA Lubbock Regional 2017

Texas Tech freshman Sofia Garcia tee's off at hole two. The regional tournament took place at 8 a.m. at the Rawls golf course.

Texas Tech women’s golf’s sophomore Sophia Garcia, as well as men’s golf’s senior Ivan Ramirez and junior Sandy Scott helped the International Team walk away champions at the Arnold Palmer Cup from Friday to Sunday at the Alotian Club in Arkansas.

Ramirez gave the team a 3&2 win in singles play against Brandon Wu and made six birdies, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The senior from Bucaramanga, Columbia, shot five under and was determined the winner after shooting a birdie on hole seven.

Garcia won two of her three matches over the weekend, closing out the event with a 2-1-1, according to the release. On Sunday afternoon, Garcia and her partner Hira Naveed played against Team U.S.A. on Saturday afternoon, where the pair was winning the match until Cooper and Nam tied the match with a birdie for Team U.S.A.. In singles play, Garcia took a 2UP win against Abbey Carlson after winning 12 of the 18 holes.

Scott and his partner Julie McCarthy secured points for the International team with a 6&5 win in Mixed Foursome play, according to the release. Scott and McCarthy also won the Mixed Fourball on Friday after shooting two birdies.

Garcia and Ramirez paired up for the Mixed Foursome on Friday, shooting five birdies, according to the release. The two won the match with a par on the final hole.

The 33.5-26.5 win for the International team was the first in the United States since 2009, according to the release.