Texas Tech Men's Tennis vs. Tulane

Redshirt junior doubles player Bjorn Thomson high fives his doubles teammate junior Parker Wynn after earning a point against No. 19 Tulane at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019, at the McLeod Tennis Center. The Red Raiders won against The Green Wave 4-2.

The No. 10 pair of Bjorn Thomson and Parker Wynn were selected to play in the NCAA Doubles Championship in May. 

The tournament will take place from May 20-25, in Orlando, Florida at the USTA National Campus. It is a best of three match with a seven-point tiebreaker when needed, according to Tech Athletics. 

The doubles partners are the only Tech players to get selected this year after their 28-win season. Five of those wins came against nationally-ranked tandems this year, most notably their win against Baylor’s No. 1 duo on April 14, when the Red Raiders upset the Bears, 4-3. 

The last two doubles teams to represent Tech in this tournament both finished in second place. Thomson and Wynn will look to further Tech’s success from 2012 and 2015, according to Tech Athletics.