Red Raider Tennis vs OU

Redshirt junior doubles player Bjorn Thomson celebrates a score during his doubles match against Oklahoma at 1 p.m. on Sunday, April 7, 2019 at the McLeod Tennis Center. The Red Raiders defeat the Sooners, 4-3.

Texas Tech tennis’ No. 9 ranked duo of juniors Bjorn Thomson and Parker Wynn will face No. 32 Braun and Oradini in the first round of the 2019 NCAA Doubles Championships at the USTA National Campus in Orlando, Florida on Tuesday.

Thomson and Wynn led the team this season with 15 wins as a duo, earning them All-Big 12 First Team honors, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The duo has racked up three conference wins as well as defeating six nationally ranked opponents.

In both the Oracle and ITA poll, Thomson and Wynn have been nationally ranked since the preseason selections on Sept. 11, according to the release. The duo has been ranked in the top-25 since Nov. 14 and has been ranked as a top-10 duo in the nation for the last eight polls of the regular season after being ranked No. 8 on Feb. 20.

Thomson and Wynn have seen the Mississippi State duo as the Bulldogs came to Lubbock for a non-conference match on Feb. 8, according to the release. In the matchup, Thomson and Wynn defeated the No. 3 ranked duo of Borges and Rakic, 6-4, on the first court as Braun and Oradini played on court two.

This will be the second time Thomson has played in the NCAA Doubles Championships as he and former Red Raider Connor Curry made it to the round of 16 two years ago, according to the release.

The NCAA Doubles Championship will be from May 21-25 as each day, one round will be played, according to the release. The Tennis Channel will air selected matches from the first four days of play.