Texas Tech Men's Tennis vs. Baylor

Redshirt Junior doubles player Bjorn Thomson celebrates with his teammate during their doubles match at 3 p.m. on Sunday, April 14, 2019, at the McLeod Tennis Center.

The duo of Texas Tech men’s tennis’ juniors Bjorn Thomson and Parker Wynn both earned 2019 ITA All-American honors for their performance in doubles play.

“This is a wonderful accomplishment for these two guys,” head coach Brett Masi said, according to a Tech Athletics news release. “This rewards their level of consistency they showed throughout the year. I’m very proud of both of them and excited to see what they can do next year.”

Only five other Red Raiders have earned All-America honors as Thomson and Wynn join Raony Carvalho (2010, 2012), Gonzalo Escobar (2012), Felipe Soares (2015), Hugo Dojas (2015) and Jolan Cailleau (2017), according to the release.

Thomson and Wynn racked up 29 wins in the primary doubles spot as 15 were in dual match play this season, according to the release. The duo went 3-1 in conference play as they also defeated ranked opponents six times.

The duo also garnished runner-up status at the 2018 ITA National Fall Championships and a berth in the 2019 NCAA Doubles Championships, according to the release. After a strong performance in doubles this season, Thomson and Wynn also were selected to the All Big 12 First Team.

Tech’s duo is one of three Big 12 doubles teams to earn All-America status as Baylor’s Sven Lah and Jimmy Bendeck, as well as Texas Christian's Sigsgaard and Harrison Scott, joined the Red Raiders, according to the release. Thomson and Wynn are the only All-Americans in the conference that will return for the 2019-20 season.