Baseball vs. FIU

Sophomore catcher Braxton Fulford runs towards first base during the game against Florida International University at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, at Dan Law Field. The Red Raiders defeated the Panthers, 9-6.

The No. 10 Texas Tech baseball team will finish its regular season with a three-game series against TCU, starting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park.

Heading into the final series of the regular season, the Red Raiders have posted a 34-14 overall record, 14-7 conference record and a 23-5 record at home, according to Tech Athletics.

TCU posted a 28-22 overall record heading into the series against Tech, according to TCU Athletics. The Horned Frogs have a 10-11 record against Big 12 teams and went 8-8 on the road this season.

Senior Cameron Warren leads the Red Raider offense with 13 home runs and 65 RBI this season, according to Tech Athletics. Junior Josh Jung has hit consistently with a team-leading .355 batting average. Sophomore Gabe Holt leads the team with 65 hits and sophomore Dylan Neuse earned a team-high 53 runs this season.

The Horned Frogs’ offense is led by Jake Guenther who has led the team with a .362 batting average this season, 64 hits and 38 RBI, according to TCU Athletics. Johnny Rizer is TCU’s home run leader after he hit nine balls out of the park this season. Josh Watson leads the Horned Frogs with 44 runs scored.

As a team, Tech’s offense posted a .307 collective batting average this season, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders also earned a total of 519 hits, 388 runs, 362 RBI and 49 home runs as they head into their final regular-season series.

TCU has a team batting average of .293 this season, according to TCU Athletics. The Horned Frogs also racked up 498 hits, 325 runs, 290 RBI and 51 home runs as a team this year.

Freshman Micah Dallas leads the starting pitchers with a 4.12 ERA after pitching in 48.0 innings and giving up 22 earned runs, according to Tech Athletics. Junior Dane Haveman posted the lowest ERA of TCU’s pitchers that have pitched in at least 30.0 innings with a 2.27 ERA. Junior Taylor Floyd has also made an impact on the pitching staff with a team-high 61 strikeouts this season.

The Horned Frogs’ starting pitchers are led by Nick Lodolo who posted a 2.39 ERA after pitching in 83.0 innings and giving up 22 earned runs, according to TCU Athletics. Lodolo also leads the team with 100 strikeouts at the mound. The pitcher with the second-highest strikeouts is Brandon Williamson who struck 69 batters out this year. With Lodolo having the lowest ERA on the team of the pitchers who have thrown in 30.0 innings, Charles King has a 3.14 ERA for the second-lowest average.

Collectively, the Red Raider pitching staff earned a 4.17 ERA after 425.1 innings pitched and 197 earned runs given up, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders have given up 409 hits, 239 runs and 203 walks while striking 428 batters out.

With the standout starters at the mound for TCU, the Horned Frogs’ pitching staff posted a 4.26 ERA as a team, according to TCU Athletics. The pitchers have given up 448 hits, 280 runs and 174 walks while striking 443 batters out this season.

Tech and TCU will play at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park to finish the regular season. Thursday’s game will be aired on FOX Sports Southwest, Friday’s game will be shown on FOX Sports Southwest Plus and the regular season finale on Saturday will be aired on ESPNU.