Women's Tennis vs Oklahoma State

Freshman Olivia Peet hitting the ball in her singles match. Texas Tech Women's Tennis lost against the Oklahoma State Cowgirls on Sunday, April 14, 2019, at 12 p.m. at the McLeod Tennis Center.

The Texas Tech women’s tennis team will begin play in the Big 12 Championship on Friday, April 19, in Lawrence, Kansas.

The 4-seed Lady Raiders will play 5-seed Oklahoma at 3 p.m. in match three, according to big12sports.com. If Tech wins the match, the team will advance to match seven to play the winner of the Texas vs. Baylor/Iowa State match.

In the bottom bracket, 7-seed Kansas State will face 10-seed West Virginia at 10 a.m. on Thursday, April 18, in match two. The winner of that match will go on to play 2-seed Oklahoma State at 9 a.m. on Friday, April 19, according to big12sports.com.

Kansas, who enters the tournament as the 3-seed, and 6-seed TCU will have a match at noon on Friday, April 19, according to big12sports.com. The winner of that match will move onto play the winner of the 2-seed Oklahoma State vs. Kansas State/West Virginia match.

For coverage of Tech’s play in the tournament, visit www.dailytoreador.com and follow @TheDT_Sports on Twitter.