Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State game 3

Sophomore pitcher Bryce Bonnin throws the first pitch in the top of the first inning of the game against the Oklahoma State Cowboys. The Red Raiders played the Cowboys at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park and defeated them, 8-6.

After eliminating the No. 5 national seed, Arkansas, from the 2019 College World Series, the Texas Tech baseball team will play an elimination game against Florida State on Wednesday for a spot in the quarterfinals.

Heading into the game, the Red Raiders post a 45-19 overall record while the Seminoles have gone 42-22 this season. Head coaching wise, Tech’s Tim Tadlock has coached the Red Raiders to the College World Series four times in the last six years. Florida State’s legendary head coach Mike Martin is coaching his last season after being in charge of the Seminoles for 40 seasons. 

The Red Raiders’ offense has been led by the lone senior, Cameron Warren. The first baseman leads the team with a .353 batting average, 83 hits, 78 RBIs and 18 home runs this season, according to Tech Athletics. Tech's first round draft pick, junior Josh Jung, has also been a reliable player on the offensive end for Tech. Jung trails Warren with a .339 batting average, 79 hits, 15 home runs and 57 RBIs. Jung also leads the team with 22 doubles.

As a team, Tech has posted a collective batting average of .300 this year, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders have racked up 671 hits, 475 runs, 71 home runs and 446 RBIs.

Florida State’s most effective hitter at the plate this season has been Mike Salvatore who bats .340 with 89 hits, according to Florida State Athletics. Drew Mendoza is Florida States big hitter as he leads the Seminoles with 16 home runs and 56 RBIs this season.

The Seminoles posted a team batting average of .268 this season, according to Florida State Athletics. They totaled 569 hits, 432 runs, 405 RBIs and 81 home runs as the Seminoles head into the elimination game against Tech.

Junior RHP Bryce Bonnin is the probable starter for the Red Raiders’ game against the Seminoles on Wednesday. Bonnin posted a 4.42 ERA this season after pitching in 59.0 innings and giving up 29 earned runs, according to Tech Athletics. The former Arkansas Razorback has struck out 58 batters and posted a 6-1 record at the mound this season.

Florida State will send Conor Grady to the mound at the start of the game against Tech on Wednesday. The freshman posted a 3.64 ERA this season after pitching in 59.1 innings and giving up 24 earned runs, according to Florida State Athletics. Grady has struck 67 batters out while at the mound and earned a 9-5 record this season.

The Red Raiders and Seminoles’ game will be played at 6 p.m. on Wednesday at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha. The winner of the game will advance to the semifinals of the College World Series while the loser of the game will be eliminated from the College World Series.