Texas Tech Soccer VS LCU

Jane Lydiatt, junior midfielder looks make up a pass during the game against Lubbock Christian University at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at the John Walker Soccer Complex. The Red Raiders won with a score of 5-0 defeating the Chaparral.

The Texas Tech soccer team’s full schedule was announced by Tech Athletics on Thursday, beginning at 7 p.m. on Aug, 22, at San Diego State.

The 2019 schedule includes 18 games and one exhibition game against Denver on Aug. 17, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The exhibition game at Denver has been a tradition for the past six years.

Tech coach Tom Stone said the preseason game against Denver gives the Red Raiders a chance to face a team that was in the NCAA Tournament last year, according to the release.

“Every game seems to be a one-goal game," Stone said, according to the release. "If you can have a preseason intensity that matches a real game, we give that to each other. We both went to the NCAA Tournament last year, and to have that level of game to kick things off is a great test for us.”

After the teams season opener against San Diego State, Tech will continue their season against New Mexico at 7 p.m. on Aug. 25, according to the release. The team will then come home for a four-game homestand against Oral Roberts, North Texas, Abilene Christian and Arkansas State.

The Red Raiders will end non-conference play on the road with a two-game tournament in the Cougar Classic at Washington State, according to the release. Tech will face against Loyola Marymount and UC Irving from Sept. 13-15. The team will then travel to Florida to face USF on Sept. 21.

Tech will start conference play after as the Red Raiders look to top their five conference wins last season, which was the most since 2014, according to the release. The first Big 12 game will be against Oklahoma State at 7 p.m. on Sept. 26 in Lubbock.

The team will travel to Ames, Iowa for the first conference road trip against Iowa State at 7 p.m. on Oct. 4, according to the release. Tech will then travel to Morgantown, West Virginia for a game against West Virginia at 7 p.m. on Oct. 10.

After a two-game homestand against Kansas at 1 p.m. on Oct. 13 and TCU at 7 p.m on Oct. 18, the team will go on its final road trip of the regular season, according to the release. On the road trip, Tech will face Baylor at 7 p.m. on Oct. 24 in Waco and Texas at 1 p.m. on Oct. 27 in Austin.

The Red Raiders will come home for the last game of the regular season, facing Kansas State at 7 p.m. on Oct. 31, according to the release. The Big 12 Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Championship will be from Nov. 3-10.