Madison White takes a goal kick

Third-year goalkeeper, Madison White takes a Red Raider goal kick in their match against UTSA on Sept. 5, 2021 at The John Walker Soccer Complex.

The Texas Tech women’s soccer team is set to take on Arizona State for their second game of the Arizona Wildcat Invitational at noon on Sunday in the Sun Devil Soccer Stadium.

Tech will head into the game on a five-game winning streak after defeating the Arizona 2-1 on Friday, Sept. 9 bringing them to a record of 6-0-1, according to Tech Athletics. 

Senior forward Kirsten Davis and freshman forward Ashleigh Williams each scored a goal in the second half to lead Tech to their sixth winDavis continues to lead the team this season with five goals and 14 points, according to Texas Tech Athletics. 

Junior goalkeeper Madison White made five saves against Arizona. Tech has allowed only three goals throughout their seven games this season.

Arizona State will host the Red Raiders after defeating the University of Nebraska – Lincoln 1-0 on Thursday, Sept. 9

Coming off their lone loss against Louisiana State, Arizona State senior forward Nicole Douglas scored her seventh goal of the season with an assist from senior Eva van Deursenwhich led their team to victoryaccording to Sun Devil Athletics. 

The Sun Devils are looking to close out the weekend with back-to-back wins to improve their record of 6-1, according to Sun Devil Athletics. 

After the Wildcat Invitational, Tech will return home for three consecutive home matches. 

Fans can stream the game on Pac-12 Networks.