Baseball vs. Baylor

Sophomore Cody Masters celebrates with his team after hitting a home run during game one against Baylor at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 18, 2019 at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park. The Red Raiders will face the Bears for game two on Friday, April 19, 2019.

The No. 10 Texas Tech baseball team was selected to host an NCAA Regional for the fourth consecutive season at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park on Sunday.

Tech was one of 16 teams selected to host regional by the NCAA baseball selection committee, according to a Tech Athletics news release. As the Red Raiders know they will be a regional host, their three opponents and the rest of the 64 teams in the tournament will be announced at 11 a.m. on Monday on ESPNU. The times of the games and television coverage will be announced on Monday as well.

With the selection, Tech became the only team in the country to host an NCAA Regional for the fourth year in a row, according to the release. It is also the first time in school history that the Red Raiders hosted four-straight regionals and the seventh selection overall. Lubbock has hosted a regional in 1996, 1997, 1999, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.

For students who want to attend the Lubbock Regional, 300 seats have been reserved for Red Raider students and ticket pick-up instructions will be emailed on Tuesday, according to the release. Students must bring their valid Texas Tech I.D. to receive a ticket and they must have paid the athletic fee in the spring semester. 

The Texas Tech Athletics Ticket Office will be closed on Monday for Memorial Day, but season ticket holders and Red Raider Club members can request tickets online as they have until 5 p.m. on Tuesday to request for regional tickets, according to the release.

As Tech is only offering all-session passes at this time, if there are any remaining seats after the season ticket holder/Red Raider Club priority request period, the public can purchase tickets, starting at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday.

Those who had reserved parking for the 2019 season are encouraged by Tech Athletics to keep their passes because they will be able to be used throughout the postseason, according to the release. Complimentary parking will also be offered by Tech in the commuter lots near the Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park.