Texas Tech Soccer

Brooke Denesik takes possession of the ball and starts running towards the goal at John Walker Soccer Complex on Sunday, September 9 2018.

The No. 25 Texas Tech soccer team faced off against Oregon State University on Sunday, Sept. 9, at the John Walker Soccer Complex in Lubbock.

The Red Raiders sent the Oregon State Beavers home with a 4-1 loss to end the night, according to Tech Athletics. This win improves Tech’s overall record to 6-1 on the year.

The Red Raiders four goals came from three different players, according to Tech Athletics. Sophomore forward Ally Griffin netted two shots, senior forward Gwennie Puente scored one and freshman defender Cassie Hiatt also notched a goal.

Hiatt’s goal marks her second on the season, according to Tech Athletics. Both of Griffin’s netted strikes mark her first and second goals on the season to place both players into a tie for 14th in the Big 12 for goals scored.

Sophomore forward Kirsten Davis was the team leader in assists, nabbing two throughout the match, according to Tech Athletics. Her two set ups push Davis’ assist total to three on the year, boosting her into a tie for fourth place in the Big 12 for assists.

The Red Raiders next matchup will be against Cal State Northridge on Thursday, Sept. 13, at 9 p.m. in Northridge, California.