Texas Tech Men's Golf

Texas Tech Men's Golf practices on Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019, at the Rawls Golf Course. Texas Tech Men's Golf will have a tournament next week on Monday and Tuesday in Toledo, Ohio.

The Texas Tech men’s golf team ranked in fourth place after the first day of the Inverness Invitational with juniors Andy Lopez and Kyle Hogan sitting in the top-five individually on Monday in Toledo, Ohio.

The Red Raiders shot a 16-over in the 36-hole day, according to a Tech Athletics news release. Tennessee, who won the invitational last year, lead with a 7-over.

Lopez, who is only playing individually, shot a 1-under with a 73-68 – 141 including six birdies, according to the release. The Plano native is one shot behind leader Andrew Kozan of Auburn who is at 2-under.

Hogan shot a 3-under, recording two birdies on the back nine but will go into Tuesday at even-par and tied in third place, according to the release. Freshman Garrett Martin ranked in the top-10 after the first day of his first collegiate tournament. The San Antonio native shot a 1-under with two birdies and one bogey.

Sophomore Markus Braadlie concluded the first day with a 74-73 – 147 and sits in 23rd place, according to the release. Senior Sandy Scott shot 77-75 – 152 and is finished the first day in 43rd place while freshman Ludvig Aberg shot 76-80 – 156 and is in 61st place.

The final day of the tournament will be at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday.