MBBBig12Champions-0283.jpg

The Texas Tech men's basketball team holds up the Big 12 trophy during the team's Welcome Home celebration on Saturday, March 9, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. After defeating Iowa State, the Red Raiders won their first Big 12 title in program history.

After ending the regular season on a nine-game winning streak, the Texas Tech men’s basketball team moved up to the No. 7 spot in the Associated Press Top 25 poll, AP announced Monday, March 11. 

The Red Raiders have not lost a game since they faced Kansas on Saturday, Feb. 2, in Lawrence, Kansas. Tech closed out the regular season leading the nation by holding opponents to shooting .368 from the field. The team also is second in the country by holding teams to 58.6 points per game, according to a Tech Athletics news release. 

Sophomore guard Davide Moretti leads the country with a .933 free-throw percentage, according to the release. Moretti is also shooting .507 from the field and .481 in three-pointers. During the nine-game win streak, the sophomore guard has made 33 of his 34 attempts at the free throw line. 

Tech will begin the Phillips 66 Big 12 Conference Championship on Thursday, March 14, against the winner of the West Virginia-Oklahoma game, according to the release.