Texas Tech Volleyball vs Texas

Texas Tech redshirt junior Missy Owens serves to Texas in the United Supermarkets Arena on Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017. The Red Raiders are set to host Baylor at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 25, in the United Supermarkets Arena.  

The Texas Tech Red Raiders will host the Baylor Baylor at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 25, in the United Supermarkets Arena.  

This is Tech’s second game this season against the Bears in the Big 12 Conference. In the first game, Tech lost to Baylor, 3-1, in four sets of 20-25, 25-23, 20-25 and 16-25, according to Tech Athletics. This will be Tech’s third top-ranked opponent as Baylor is ranked No. 24 in the nation.

Despite the Red Raiders' two-game losing streak, Tech coach Tony Graystone said he can see the team gradually getting better.  

“Against Baylor (at the last game), it was the small things that separated us,” Graystone said. “You can see not just the improvement, but the belief in our girls that we are right there, and we just have to take the next step.”

Although Baylor is a really good blocking team, Graystone said Tech's hitters are used to it and ready to take on the challenge.

Freshman middle blocker Allison White said that as long as the players give it their all, they will have a shot at beating Baylor.

“We know that we can beat them,” White said. “As long as we play our game and put our minds to it, we can beat anyone, whether that’s someone that’s ranked or not.”

The Red Raiders have a 13-8 overall record and 6-2 record at home, according to Tech Athletics. This is a result of the Red Raiders' recent losses against Kansas and Texas, which were both ranked in the top 25 nationally when tech faced these teams.

The game will serve as the Red Raiders' annual Dig Pink match in honor of breast cancer awareness, according to Tech Athletics. The game will also be broadcast on FOX Sports Southwest Plus.

Graystone said he feels hopeful for the outcome of the game against the Bears this time around.

“We’re excited to be at home, and we’re expecting a nice crowd,” Graystone said. “You only get eight home matches in conference play, so every time you’re at home, you have to take advantage.”