Texas Tech Men's Basketball vs. Kansas

Freshman guard Terrence Shannon, Jr. celebrates after freshman center Russel Tchewa makes a shot during the Texas Tech vs. Kansas men's Basketball game at 1 p.m. on Mar. 7, 2020 in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Raiders lost to the Jayhawks, 66-62.

The Texas Tech men’s basketball team is scheduled to play top-tier team Gonzaga at a neutral site, Phoenix, Arizona, on Dec. 19, 2020.

This will not be three first time the Red Raiders and Bulldogs have faced off as the two teams have played three games against each other since 2005. The Red Raiders have won all three games by an average of six points.

Tech won its first matchup against Gonzaga on March 19, 2005, defeating the Bulldogs 71-69 in Tucson, Arizona. The Red Raiders then saw the Bulldogs again on Nov. 23, 2007, picking up a 73-63 win in Anchorage, Alaska. In the most recent outing, Tech defeated Gonzaga 75-69 in the Elite Eight round of the 2019 NCAA Tournament, putting the Red Raiders in the Final Four for the first time in program history.

As the two are set to play next season, Tech posted an 18-13 overall record this season as Gonzaga proved to be a top team in the nation with a 31-2 overall record. Both teams were predicted to make the 2020 NCAA Tournament, but due to COVID-19 concerns, the tournament was canceled.

The Red Raiders will look to keep their three-game winning streak over the Bulldogs alive next season as the time has not yet been announced.

Marcelino Murray

Finally, a schedule has been released that is telling us when both The Texas Tech and Gonzaga teams would be competing against one another. You need to check out the dissertation methodology to write accordingly. Now I would impatiently wait for December 20th to see this match.