Texas Tech Soccer

Ally Griffin takes the ball away from a player from Oregon State and tries to pass the ball at the John Walker Soccer Complex on Sunday, September 9 2018.

The No. 22 Texas Tech soccer team faced off against Iowa State University at noon on Sunday, Sept. 23, at the John Walker Soccer Complex in Lubbock.

Tech began conference play on Friday against West Virginia University, where they lost by a deficit of 2-0, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders were able to redeem themselves on Sunday by beating the Iowa State University Cyclones by a score of 3-0, according to Tech Athletics. Tech’s first conference win this season moves its overall home record to 6-1.

Junior midfielder Jayne Lydiatt was the first Tech player to net a shot on the day, coming in the 22nd minute of the match, according to Tech Athletics. Lydiatt’s goal was her first of the season, and her first as a Red Raider.

Tech held a 1-0 lead going into halftime, maintaining good control of the ball throughout the first 45 minutes, according to Tech Athletics. Just over 20 minutes into the second half, sophomore forward Ally Griffin fired in a shot that found the back of the net. Griffin’s third goal on the season helped push the Red Raiders lead to 2-0.

Toward the end of the second half, Tech scored its third and final goal of the match, according to Tech Athletics. Junior midfielder Savanna Jones striped a corner kick towards the net where freshman forward Charlotte Teeter connected to send the ball across the goal line.

The Red Raiders have an all-time record of 11-11-1 against the Iowa State, but have now won six of the last seven meetings against ISU, according to Tech Athletics.

Tech boasts an overall record of 10-2 on the season, according to Tech Athletics. The team's next match up will be against Oklahoma University at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 28, in Norman, Oklahoma.