Men's Basketball Celebration

The Texas Tech men's basketball team hosted a celebration to recognize their success in the 2017-2018 season in the United Supermarkets Arena at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Apr. 24, 2018. Dinner was provided to all attendees for free as a part of the event.

The Texas Tech men’s basketball team will host a celebration at 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 25, in the United Supermarkets Arena to acknowledge the historic season.

Gates will open at the northwest and southwest entrances at 5:30 p.m., according to a Tech Athletics news release. Admission is $25 for general admission and $10 for students. Seating will be available in the stands and concession dining on the concourse.  

The Red Raiders advanced to the NCAA Tournament after earning their first Big 12 regular season title. Tech defeated Northern Kentucky, 72-57, in the first round; Buffalo, 78-58, in the second round; and Michigan, 63-44, in the Sweet 16.

The team went on to beat Gonzaga, 75-69, in the Elite Eight and Michigan State, 61-51, in the Final Four to advance to the National Championship, the furthest the team has gone in program history. In the National Championship, Tech fell to Virginia, 85-77, in overtime, according to Tech Athletics, ending the record breaking season.