Texas Tech Football vs TCU

Texas Tech played it's final home game of the 2017 season against Texas Christian University on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, at Jones AT&T Stadium. The Red Raiders lost to the Horned Frogs, 27-3.

Texas Tech Athletics received a donation from Tech alumnus and former offensive lineman Cody Campbell to be used for renovations of both the Football Training Facility and the south end zone of Jones AT&T Stadium.

Campbell is currently on the advisory council for the Rawls College of Business and is a co-founder for a company called Double Eagle Energy Holdings alongside John Sellers, according to a Tech Athletics news release.

Campbell’s donation to The Campaign for Fearless Champions will help Tech begin architectural renders and planning for both the Football Training Facility and Jones AT&T Stadium. The Campaign for Fearless Champions began its final stages as both of the renovations to the two buildings were amongst the final projects for the campaign, Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt said, according to the release.

“We’re fortunate to have a former student-athlete like Cody Campbell give back to our program,” Hocutt said in the release. “Cody is a passionate supporter of our football program and this gift will help us kick off the initial planning stages for both the south end zone and the Football Training Facility. We can’t thank Cody enough for his support of The Campaign for Fearless Champions.”

As a part of the campaign, Tech made upgrades to Jones AT&T Stadium comprising of the north end zone club area, video board, the north end zone colonnade and the new FieldTurf surface, according to the release.

Campbell is a four-year letterwinner and played for the Red Raider football program from 2001-04, and played alongside Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury, according to the release. He capped off his senior year by playing in the Holiday Bowl in 2004 where Tech defeated No. 4 California 45-31.

After completing his senior season, Campbell played in the Hula Bowl and the Gridiron Classic which helped him go to the Indianapolis Colts, where he played from 2005-06, according to the release.

“I am thankful for my experience at Texas Tech, and I couldn’t be happier to help start preparations for the south end zone and Football Training Facility renovations,” Campbell said in the release. “As a former student-athlete, Jones AT&T Stadium will always have a special place in my memory. I look forward to working with Kirby and his team to build this stadium into one of the top venues in college football.”