Texas Tech Baseball defeats University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 11-3.

Junior infielder and outfielder Dylan Neuse fist bumps fans before the game against University of Nevada, Las Vegas at 1 p.m. on March 4, 2020, at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park. The Red Raiders defeated the Rebels, 11-3.

With the Big 12 Conference canceling the remainder of the winter and spring sports seasons due to COVID-19 concerns, Texas Tech has announced it will refund those who have already purchased tickets.

“The safety and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches, fans and staff will always be our top priority,” Director of Athletics Kirby Hocutt said, according to a Tech Athletics news release. “This is an unprecedented situation we are facing as a nation.”

As the season ended unexpectedly, those who purchased single-game tickets to a scheduled baseball or softball games will be refunded. As for season ticket holders and annual seat contributions, a pro-rated refund will be issued.

For those who purchased season tickets for Tech baseball, Senior Associate Athletics Director Robert Giovannetti said Tech Athletics is determining the pro-rated number will be determined next week.

“We’re disappointed for our student-athletes, coaches and fans, but we understand the magnitude of this outbreak and its impact on society as a whole,” Hocutt said, according to the release.