Red Raider Softball vs Kentucky Game Two

Senior UTL Taylor Satchell makes it to third base during game two against Kentucky at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 5, 2019 at Rocky Johnson Field. The Red Raiders sweep the Wildcats, 9-6.

Six players of the No. 15 Texas Tech softball team has earned National Fastpitch Coaches Association All-Region honors. The players include red shirt junior outfielder Karli Hamilton, sophomore infielder Trenity Edwards, sophomore pitcher Erin Edmoundson, senior infielder Jessica Hartwell, freshman infielder Zoe Jones and senior infielder Taylor Satchell. 

Hamilton and Edwards received first-team honors, Edmoundson received second-team honors and Harwell, Jones and Satchell received third-team honors, according to a Tech Athletics release. The six player mark overcomes the team’s four player mark back in 2011. 

Tech head coach Adrian Gregory said she is proud of the six players. These athletes represent the hard work and skill the team did throughout the season, according to the release. 

“I am so proud and excited for our players and program,” Gregory said, according to the release. “It isn’t often that you get to see your hard work pay off so vividly. To have six All-Region players is a testament to the tireless hours our staff put in recruiting and preparing our student athletes, who performed extremely well this spring.”