Texas Tech Football vs TCU

Texas Tech junior wide receiver Keke Coutee walks to the line during Tech's game against Texas Christian University on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, at Jones AT&T Stadium. The Red Raiders lost to the Horned Frogs, 27-3.

Texas Tech senior quarterback Nic Shimonek, senior wide receiver Dylan Cantrell and junior wide receiver Keke Coutee were all invited to participate in the 2018 NFL Combine which starts on Tuesday, Feb. 27, in Indianapolis, Indiana.

The combine will take place from Tuesday, Feb. 27, to Monday, March 5, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis and will be broadcast on the NFL Network, according to a Tech Athletics news release. Overall, the Big 12 Conference totaled 29 invites to the event. Approximately 326 prospects were invited this year.

The participants will go through a series of drills comprising of the bench press, 40-yard dash, vertical jump, broad jump and shuttle run. Participants will also meet with team executives and doctors from all 32 teams, according to the release.

Coutee finished his collegiate career with a total of 2,424 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns. In the 2017 season, Coutee recorded a total of 1,429 yards, which ranks second all-time at Tech just below former Red Raider and current Oakland Raider Michael Crabtree’s receiving total in 2007, according to the release. Coutee was also named a semifinalist for the Biletnikoff Award in the 2017 season.

Shimonek threw for 3,963 yards and 33 touchdowns with a completion percentage of 66.5 in his only year as a starter for the Red Raiders, according to the release. Including a Birmingham Bowl appearance, Shimonek ranked ninth in the nation in passing touchdowns and 11th in passing yards.

After facing an injury, Cantrell recorded 1,491 yards and 15 touchdowns the two seasons after and finished with a career total of 158 receptions for 1,873 yards and 18 touchdowns. While playing with Coutee, the two combined for over 2,000 receiving yards in the 2017 season.

Tech will also host its annual Pro Day event in the Football Training Facility and at Jones AT&T Stadium on Friday, March 23.