Texas Tech Mens Golf

A Texas Tech player on a green on the Rawls Course on Feb. 9, 2017.

Texas Tech men’s golf’s senior Ivan Ramirez and junior Sandy Scott earned Division I PING All-Central Region honors on Saturday.   

Scott was ranked No. 15 nationally in the Golfstat player rankings, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The junior from Nairn, Scotland, finished in the top 10 six times this season and won his first collegiate game at the El Macero Classic.

The junior finished the season with a 70.2 scoring average and five top-five showings, according to the release. Scott was also a runner-up at the Lake Charles Invitational after shooting 13-under.

Ramirez finished the season at the NCAA tournament where he finished 12th overall in the regional round, according to the release. The senior from Bucaramanga, Columbia, had four top 10 finishes including his season-best runner-up at the El Macero Classic. Ramirez also had a 71.3 scoring average this season. 

Scott and Ramirez will play with the Arnold Palmer Cup Invitational team from Friday, June 7 to Sunday, June 9 at The Alotian Club in Arkansas.