Texas Tech Men's Basketball vs. Oklahoma State

Sophomore guard Davide Moretti drives to the basket off a screen during the game against Oklahoma State University at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Red Raiders defeated the Cowboys, 84-80.

After a 19-point win over Michigan, the 3-seed Texas Tech men’s basketball team will face 1-seed Gonzaga at 5:09 p.m. on Saturday, March 30.

If Tech pulls off the win, the team will head to the Final Four in Minneapolis, Minnesota for the first time in program history.

The Bulldogs head coach Mark Few has coached Gonzaga for 20 years, according to sports-reference.com. Few has led the Bulldogs to 18 regular season conferences, 15 West Coast Conference tournament titles and one Final Four appearance.

Gonzaga is 33-3 on the year after defeating Florida State, 72-58, in the Sweet 16. The Bulldogs had a 21-game win streak until Saint Mary’s defeated them in the West Coast Conference Tournament Championship game.  

The Bulldogs also won 87-49 in the west bracket round of 64 against Fairleigh Dickinson and 83-47 against Baylor in the west bracket round of 32, according to sports-reference.com.

The 1-seed doesn’t just have the most points scored in the country with 1,379 but is also scoring the most points per game with 86.2, according to sports-reference.com. Gonzaga is also first in the country with a .528 field goal percentage, 872 total two-pointers, .616 two-point percentage and 1,152 total field goals.  

Gonzaga has the best of both worlds, having the fifth best defensive rating and the best offensive rating in the country, according to sports-reference.com. The Bulldogs are 30th in the country by holding their opponents to just 64.6 points per game.

Although the Bulldogs’ two-point game is above average, the team is shooting .366 from the three-point line, which is 67th in the county. Gonzaga is at 10th with 1,406 rebounds, according to sports-reference.com. The team’s defense is intense, with 197 blocks and 270 steals.

Although junior forward Rui Hachimura is averaging 19.6 points per game, he is making just under half of his three point attempts, but takes under one per game. Junior forward Brandon Clarke is averaging 16.9 points per game, according to sports-reference.com. Clarke’s defense is the best on the team, leading with 8.5 rebounds and 3.1 blocks. Clark leads the nation in win shares, offensive win shares, defensive win shares, defensive rating and offensive rating, with 5.5 offensive win shares and 3.1 defensive win shares, with an offensive rating of 139.1 and a defensive rating of 83.8, according to sports-reference.com.

Senior guard Josh Perkins has the most steals on the team with 2.8, according to sports-reference.com. Sophomore forward Corey Kispert, is the best three-point shooter on the team. The sophomore from Edmonds, Washington is shooting .379 from the three-point line and making 1.7 of his 4.5 attempts at the line.

If the Red Raiders can overcome one of the best teams in the country, they will advance to the Final Four in Minneapolis, Minnesota.