Women's Soccer Tournament event.

The Texas Tech Soccer team hosted an event to find out who they would host during the first round of the NCAA Women's Soccer Playoffs. The event was at 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 5, 2018 at the Texas Tech Club.

The Texas Tech soccer team is set to host the No.24 Princeton University women's soccer team in the first round of the NCAA Soccer Tournament Friday, Nov. 9, at the John Walker Soccer Complex with first touch slated for 6 p.m.

Tech is one of 64 teams in the country competing for a national championship. The Red Raiders enter the tournament with a record at 13-5-2 on the year, while Princeton brings to Lubbock a respective 11-3-2 showing this season, according to Princeton Athletics. After falling short in 2017, Tech’s return to the tournament marks its sixth appearance out of the past seven years, according to Tech Athletics.  

Home field advantage will likely play an important role in the Red Raider’s upcoming battle with the Princeton Tigers, as Tech claims a 7-2 record in games played at the John Walker Soccer Complex this season. However, the Tigers have posted a clean 6-0 record in away matches, according to Princeton Athletics.

Tech has a successful track record in first round playoff games at home, winning all four tournament openers at John Walker, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders’ senior heavy defense and fast-paced offense must play their best game against the Tigers if they wish to defeat another ranked opponent this year.