Texas Tech Softball vs. UT

Softball players cheer for their teammates during the series finale game against the University of Texas at 1 p.m. on Sunday April 7, 2019 at Rocky Johnson Field. The Red Raiders fell to the Longhorns, 0-2.

The Texas Tech softball team landed among the nation’s leaders for the ninth consecutive week this season, tying a program record.

With a sweep over the Baylor Bears last weekend, Tech’s record advanced to 33-8 overall and 6-6 in the Big 12. 

The Red Raiders have not been ranked in the top 25 for nine back-to-back weeks since the 1998 and 2011 seasons, according to a Tech Athletics news release. Tech recorded a 45-19 overall record in 1998 and went 42-16 in the 2011 season. 

Tech secured the No. 12 spot in the USA Today/NFC Coaches Poll, the highest ranking for the Red Raiders in that poll, according to the release. They came in at No. 15 in the ESPN.com/USA Softball Poll and in the Softball America poll, the Red Raiders were ranked at No. 16. In the NCAA Women’s Softball RPI, Tech was put in the No. 18 spot. 

The Red Raiders will return to action on Thursday, April 18, through Saturday, April 20, at Rocky Johnson Field where they will take on the Kansas Jayhawks.