Texas Tech Mens Golf

Texas Tech golfer Wes Artac on the Rawls Course during mens golf practice.

The No. 10 Texas Tech men’s golf team tied for fifth place in the Big 12 Championship on Sunday, April 28, in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, at The Greenbrier. 

Junior Sandy Scott led the Red Raiders, earning all-tournament honors after carding a 54-hole total with a 69-70-66 205 total, putting him at five-under par for the tournament. Scott was just three strokes back from tournament leader Hayden Springer of TCU who shot eight-under par. 

Coach Greg Sands said Scott played well and helped lead the team throughout the weekend, according to Tech Athletics.

“Sandy played great and has really come on this spring to lead this team in a big way," Sands said, according to Tech Athletics. "We never gave up and finished the last few holes well and had a realistic shot of moving up to second or third place. It was very close between those top six teams." 

Ivan Ramirez carded a three-round, 54-hole score of 213, shooting one-under in the final round. Ramirez would finish in 17th place in the individual rankings, accoding to Tech Athletics. 

Adam Bloome and fellow Red Raider Jansen Smith tied for 28th in the Big 12 Championship, both shooting six-over for the weekend. Bloome carding a 76-69-71 216 total, while Smith the freshman from San Angelo carded a 70-70-76 216 total. 

Kyle Hogan carded tournament scores of 74-77-72 223 total for the Red Raiders. He finished in 45th place in the individual rankings. 

The 2019 NCAA Division I Men's Golf Championships selections announcement will take place at 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 1, on Golf Channel's Golf Central and streamed live on the Golf Channel website. Eighty-one teams and 45 individuals will be selected to compete at one of six regional championship sites.

The Red Raiders have advanced to 17-straight NCAA regional tournaments and were a NCAA quarterfinalist last season, according to Tech Athletics.