Texas Tech Soccer vs. West Texas A&M

Junior forward Demi Koulizakis contests with the opponent during their game against West Texas A&M at 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 2, 2019, at the John Walker Soccer Complex. Tech defeated West Texas, 4-1.

The Texas Tech soccer team dominated Lubbock Christian University, 5-0, on Wednesday, April 17, at the John Walker Soccer Complex. 

After back-and-forth possessions from each team, sophomore forward Kristen Davis netted Tech’s first goal of the night. Soon after, Davis gave the Red Raiders another goal by tricking out her opponent to get to the net. 

With less than a minute until half, junior forward Demi Koulizakis scored another goal for Tech. The team went into the half up, 3-0, over the Chaparrals.

Halfway through the second half, Koulizakis netted two more goals to give Tech a 5-0 lead. 

Koulizakis was Tech’s last goal of the night, ending the game with a 5-0 win for the Red Raiders. 

Tech head coach Tom Stone said playing LCU was a different feeling for the team. Since the two team’s practice so close to one another, it’s fun for the two teams to play each other.

“I think there’s been a curiosity, right?” Stone said. “I think they come to our games and we’ve been to some of their games. We cheer them on and like I said they cheer us on. I think there’s a curiosity as to what it would be like to play them, its weird to have them that close to us and we’ve never played and we’re happy we have and we hope to do it some more.”

They are now 3-2 on the spring season after a loss to the Houston Dash on Saturday, March 30, according to Tech Athletics. 

The team will wrap up spring play against New Mexico at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 20.