Women's Soccer vs. West Virginia

Sophomore forward Kirsten Davis runs down field during the game against West Virginia University at John Walker Soccer Complex on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018. The Lady Raiders lost the game, 0-2.

The Texas Tech soccer team is set to face the Kansas State University Wildcats at 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, in Manhattan, Kansas.

In the Red Raiders' last contest, the squad defeated No. 23 Oklahoma State University by a score of 1-0, in Stillwater, Oklahoma, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders victory marks only the second time in program history that Tech has won in Stillwater, furthermore, it is the first time the Red Raiders beat OSU on its turf since the 1997 season. It also marked the first time OSU has lost at home since 2016.

The lone Red Raider to notch a goal against OSU was sophomore forward Ally Griffin, smoking a shot into the net off a penalty kick in the 67th minute, according to Tech Athletics. Griffin’s goal amounts her season total to four, placing her at second best on the team.

Tech’s win over OSU shifted their overall record to 10-3-1 and their conference record to 2-2-1, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders 10th victory on the year surpasses their total amount of wins achieved in each of the last two seasons.

KSU enters the match with an overall record of 4-7-2 and a 3-5 record at home, according to Tech Athletics. Kansas State claims a conference record of 0-4-0, and the team enters the match against the Red Raiders toting a four-game losing streak.

This matchup will be only the second all-time meeting between the two teams, as KSU soccer hosted its inaugural season last year, according to Tech Athletics. In 2017, Tech defeated Kansas State by a score of 3-1.

“We want to go there with the mindset that we’re going to get a shutout,” Tech coach Gibbs Keeton said. “We’re not thinking about getting scored on – we’re worried about how we can limit their opportunities to score and what we can do from there. One is a function of the other but its our belief in our own team.”

Sophomore goalkeeper Marissa Zucchetto has a conference leading nine shutouts so far on the year, according to Tech Athletics. Zucchetto also boasts the second lowest goals against average in the Big 12, maintaining an average of 0.49.

Junior forward Jade King is leading Tech in goals scored with a total of six on the season, which also places her in a tie for third in the Big 12, according to the Big 12 website. Sophomore forward Kirsten Davis has a team-leading five assists on the year, which ranks in a tie for second in the conference.

Following the matchup with Kansas State, the Red Raiders will go against the No. 24 Kansas Jayhawks at 1 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14, in Lawrence, Kansas with the game being broadcast live on ESPN3.