Lady Raider Tennis vs Oklahoma

Senior doubles player Francesca Sella back hands the ball during her doubles match at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2019 at the McLeod Tennis Center. The Lady Raiders defeat the Sooners, 5-2.

With a 6-2 win over No. 30 Oklahoma on Friday, April 12, the No. 27 Texas Tech women’s tennis team stays undefeated at home.

The Lady Raiders’ win moves their record to 16-6 this season and makes them 5-2 in Big 12 Conference play. 

The Sooners started the match on top, earning the doubles point with wins on courts two and three, according to Tech Athletics. Francesca Stella and Lana rush fell on court two, 6-0, and Reagan Collins and Kennedy Bridgforth fell on court three, 6-2.

Bridgforth bounced back in singles play, picking up the first point for the Lady Raiders with a 6-2, 6-0 win over Jasmine Asghar, according to Tech Athletics. 

Rush finished next, according to Tech Athletics, earning another point for Tech with a 6-2, 6-1 win over Ivana Corley to make the score 2-1. 

No. 40 Felicity Maltby took on No. 22 Oleksandra Korashvil and won in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2, according to Tech Athletics, to push Tech’s lead to 3-1. This was her second-straight win over a ranked opponent.

Denise-Antonela Stoica won, 6-3, 6-3, on court four over Camila Romero, according to Tech Athletics, making it 4-1.

Play continued with two matches still ongoing. After dropping her first set, Nell Miller won her second to even things up against Martina Capurro, according to Tech Athletics. The Sooner prevailed and won the third set, 6-1, to cut Tech’s lead down, 4-2.

The last match to finish was on court five. Oliva Peet won in three sets, according to Tech Athletics, giving Tech the 5-2 win.

The Lady Raiders will wrap up regular-season play at noon Sunday against Oklahoma State at the McLeod Tennis Center.