Texas Tech Basketball Senior Night vs. Texas

Graduate student guard Matt Mooney looks for an open teammate during senior night against Texas at 8 p.m. Monday, March 4, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. This was the last home game for five seniors on the team: Norense Odiase, Brandone Francis, Andrew Sorrells, Matt Mooney and Tariq Owens.

After a wild finish against Oklahoma, West Virginia will take on the No. 7 Texas Tech men’s basketball team at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 14, in the Spirit Center to start Tech's journey at the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship.

The Red Raiders will make their 23rd appearance in the tournament on Thursday and is the second seed behind Kansas State, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders have never won the Big 12 tournament but are 2-0 in the Spirit Center this season after beating Southern California 78-63 on Monday, Nov. 19, and Nebraska, 70-62, on Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Tech swept West Virginia in its regular season series winning 62-59 in Morgantown and 81-50 in Lubbock.

Before Tech and West Virginia face off in the quarterfinals, Baylor and Iowa State will face off at 11:30 a.m., and Kansas State and TCU will play at 1:30 p.m. Texas and Kansas will conclude the day, taking the court at 8 p.m.

The winner between the Red Raiders and Mountaineers will play the winner of the Texas-Kansas game at 8 p.m. Friday, March 15, in the semifinals.