Texas Tech Men's Basketball vs. Oklahoma State

Redshirt senior center Norense Odiase goes into the air for a layup during the game against Oklahoma State University at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Red Raiders defeated the Cowboys, 84-80.

The No. 8 Texas Tech men’s basketball team will bid farewell to the 2018-2019 regular season with a contest against Iowa State at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 9, in the the Hilton Coliseum. 

The Cyclones are currently 20-10 on the year and 9-8 in Big 12 play, landing them fifth in the conference, according to sports-reference.com. Iowa State is shooting .454 from the field and has 240 assists, which is second in the Big 12. 

Senior guard Marial Shayok leads the Cyclones by averaging 18.7 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game, according to sports-reference.com. Junior forward Michaell Jackson has the most rebounds and is averaging 11.5 points per game, while freshman guard Talen Horton-Tucker has the second most points with 12.3. 

Tech is 25-5 on the year, 13-4 in conference play and 5-3 away from its home court, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders are looking to continue an eight-game winning streak, having not lost a game since they played Kansas on Saturday, Feb. 2. 

Sophomore guard Jarrett Culver has led the team in points all season and continues to do so, averaging 17.9 points, according to sports-reference.com. The sophomore from Lubbock also is leading with 6.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists. 

Sophomore guard Davide Moretti has been dominating from the free-throw and three-point lines the past couple of games making 21 out of his 33 three-pointers and 29 out of his 30 free throws, according to Tech Athletics. The sophomore from Bologna, Italy, is the leader in the country with a .930 free-throw percentage and is .526 from the three-point line. 

Moretti is averaging 11.3 points and 2.6 assists per game. The last time Tech played Iowa State, the sophomore guard scored 10 points, including three three-pointers. Moretti has the most three-pointers on the team with 58 and is shooting .472 from beyond the arc, according to Tech Athletics. 

After this game, Tech will hit the road to Kansas City, Missouri, for the Big 12 Men's Basketball Championship. The tournament starts on Wednesday, March 13, and runs through Saturday, March 16.