Texas Tech Baseball vs Kansas University

Freshman Dru Baker runs to second base during game three against Kansas University at 1 p.m. on Sunday, April 7, 2019, at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park. This is the third game against Kansas University for the Red Raiders after two wins.

The No. 22 Texas Tech baseball team will play a three-game series against No. 18 Baylor, with the first game starting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park.

Baylor has a 25-10 overall record this season, while going 8-3 in conference play, according to D1 Baseball. The Bears have not lost a single series against a Big 12 team this season with wins against No. 20 West Virginia, Oklahoma and Kansas. The Bears also split the series 1-1 with Texas after the series finale was canceled because of rain.

This season, the Red Raiders posted a 23-12 record with a 6-6 record in the Big 12, according to D1 Baseball. The Tech baseball team has defeated Kansas and Kansas State in a three-game series but suffered series losses to both Texas and No. 22 West Virginia.

Of the nine Bears who are batting in the .300’s, Davis Wendzel leads the team with a .380 batting average and 32 RBI, according to Baylor Athletics. Wendzel is also tied with Nick Loftin to lead the team with 52 hits this season. Cole Haring leads the bears with seven home runs, and Richard Cunningham has scored the most runs after crossing home 36 times.

The Red Raider offense is led by senior Cameron Warren who leads the team with eight home runs and 42 RBI, according to Tech Athletics. Junior Brian Klein leads the team with a .363 batting average and 45 hits. Sophomore Dylan Neuse leads the team by eight runs after crossing home 38 times.

As a team, Baylor has a .313 batting average after 1,251 at-bats, according to Baylor Athletics. The Bears have racked up 391 hits, 247 runs, 227 RBI and 35 home runs as a team this season.

Tech’s offense has a .300 batting average as a team after 1,182 at-bats, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders have racked up 355 hits, 267 runs, 253 RBI and 33 home runs as they are halfway through the season.

Among the Baylor pitchers, Paul Dickens leads the team by 31 strikeouts after striking 63 batters out this season, according to Baylor Athletics. Kyle Hill leads the pitching staff with a perfect 5-0 record and a 0.00 ERA after pitching in 21.0 innings and giving up no earned runs. Jimmy Winston posts the lowest ERA of the Bears’ primary starters at the mound with a 1.98 after pitching in 41.0 innings and giving up nine earned runs.

Redshirt junior Erikson Lanning leads the starter pitchers for the Red Raiders with a 3.34 ERA after pitching in 32.1 innings and giving up 12 earned runs. Freshman Micah Dallas and junior Taylor Floyd both lead the team with 37 strikeouts. Junior Caleb Kilian is headed into the series after pitching a complete-game shutout against No. 20 West Virginia, only giving up two hits and no walks.

The Baylor pitching staff as a whole has a 3.30 ERA after a total of 319.0 innings pitched and 117 earned runs given up, according to Baylor Athletics. The pitchers gave up 246 hits, 117 earned runs and walked 161 batters while totaling 325 strikeouts.

As a whole, the Red Raider pitching staff has a 4.05 ERA after pitching in 300.1 innings and giving up 135 earned runs. The pitchers have given up 280 hits, 135 earned runs and 138 walks while striking 292 batters out this season.

The series opener will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 18, will be broadcast on FOX Sports Southwest. The second game of the series will start at 6:30 p.m. on Friday and will be aired on FOX Sports 1 and the series finale with begin at 2 p.m. on Saturday. The series finale will be aired on FOX Sports Southwest.