Texas Tech Mens Golf

Redshirt freshman Kyle Hogan chips the ball in the Red Raiders’ practice on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017, at The Rawls Course. No. 13 Texas Tech will end its fall slate at the Tavistock Collegiate Invitational in Isleworth, Florida.

The No. 10 Texas Tech men’s golf team is heading to El Macero, California, to play in the El Macero Classic on Friday, April 12, through Sunday, April 14. This will be their final regular-season tournament of the season. 

The 54-hole tournament will feature teams from across the nation, including UC Davis, Cal State Fullerton, Fresno State, Grand Canyon, Idaho, Long Beach State, Loyola Marymount, Nevada, Oregon State, Pacific, Sacramento State, San Francisco, No. 50 Southern Methodist and Washington State, according to Texas Tech Athletics. 

The Red Raiders will be represented by junior Sandy Scott, who is ranked No. 16 in the nation, along with No. 74 Ivan Ramirez, No. 76 ranked Adam Blomme, Kyle Hogan, Markus Braadlie and Jansen Smith, who will be competing as an individual, according to Tech Athletics. The Red Raiders will tee of at 10:55 a.m. Friday.

The team has two second-place finishes as well as five top-five finishes this season. The Red Raiders also have a championship win at the Desert Classic from Feb. 24 in Palm Springs, California. 

After the Red Raiders' showing at the El Macero Classic, they will head to the Big 12 Conference Championship on April 26, in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.