Texas Tech Softball vs. Texas Game 1

Sophomore infielder Breanna Russell prepares for the opponent to hit the ball during game 1 against Texas at 3 p.m. on Friday, April 5, 2019, at Rocky Johnson Field. The Red Raiders lost to the Longhorns, 2-0.

The No. 15 Texas Tech softball team is set to take on the Kansas Jayhawks Thursday, April 18, through Sunday, April 20, at Rocky Johnson Field.

Game one of the series is set to kick off at 6 p.m.  Thursday. Game two will take place at 6 p.m. Friday, and the Red Raiders and the Jayhawks will close out the series at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 20.

The Red Raiders are coming off of a historic weekend after sweeping Baylor for the first time in program history, advancing their record to 33-8 overall and 6-6 in the Big 12.

Junior Karli Hamilton leads the Red Raiders as she moved into the No. 2 spot in the program with a .425 season batting average, according to the release. Hamilton set a single-season record with six triples on the season so far, which also puts her in the No. 5 spot all-time with a .709 single-season.

Hamilton also leads the team with 12 multi-hit games this season and has managed to reach a base in the last 15 games, according to Tech Athletics. She also ties for fifth with her six triples, 17th with 57 hits and she  sits in the No. 24 spot in runs per game. She has secured the No. 32 spot in batting average, as well as tying for 37th in total bases.

Senior Jessica Hartwell also wrote her name in the record book early on in the season after tying for the No. 1 spot with 45 home runs in her collegiate career. The record was originally set by Mikey Kenney, who set it in the 2010-13 seasons, according to the release.

Along with Hartwell and Hamilton, multiple other Red Raiders are ranked among the nation’s best. Trenity Edwards comes in in the No. 25 spot in slugging percentage and 39 with .31 homers per game, according to Tech Athletics.

Pitcher Missy Zoch comes in at No. 64 with 127 strikeouts and Erin Edmoundson sits in the No. 44 spot with 4.77 hits allowed per seven innings.

Looking into the weekend's matchup against the Jayhawks, the Red Raiders will be looking to keep up their winning streak. In the last matchup between the two teams, Tech secured a three-game sweep over Kansas.

Each day of the series will be themed. Thursday will be “Strike Out Cancer,” “Bark in the Park,” where all dogs are welcomed and “Pack the Park,” where general admission tickets will be $2, according to the release. Friday will be “Strike Out Brain Cancer,” there will be a Special Olympics post-game clinic and a rally towel giveaway. Saturday will be “Strike Out Breast Cancer,” “Pink out,” any fan that wears pink can get into the game for free and Kids Club Day, and a post-game Easter egg hunt will take place.