Texas Tech Mens Golf

Redshirt freshman Kyle Hogan chips the ball in the Red Raiders’ practice on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017, at The Rawls Course. No. 13 Texas Tech will end its fall slate at the Tavistock Collegiate Invitational in Isleworth, Florida.

The No. 10 Texas Tech men’s golf team added another championship win to its record on Sunday, April 14, with a win at the El Macero Classic in El Macero, California. 

The Red Raiders finished the 54-hole tournament with a score of 299-274-291 864 total, putting the Red Raiders at even par for the tournament. The runner-up for the tournament was Oregon State, who shot six-over. 

Junior Sandy Scott, who is ranked No. 16 in the nation, claimed the individual championship with a score of three-under. He scored a 65-66-72 213 total, awarding him his first championship win, according to Tech Athletics. He was the first Red Raider to win an individual title since Fredrik Nilehn won the Lampkins Classic and Wyoming Desert Classic in the 2017-2018 season. 

Runner-up for the individual title was Ivan Ramirez, who finished the tournament at two-under, tying him with Cal State Fullerton’s Matt Wilson, according to Tech Athletics. Ramirez carded 12 birdies for the tournament with three of those in the final round on Sunday. 

Kyle Hogan finished the El Macero Classic recording six birdies in his final round putting him in sixth place with tournament scores of 76-68-72 216 total. 

Jansen Smith placed 29th in the individual rankings for the tournament, shooting a 77-72-74 223 total, while Markus Braadlie placed 41st in the individual rankings shooting a 75-76-75 226 total, helping the Red Raiders to their championship win at the El Macero Classic. 

Next, the team heads to the Big 12 Conference Championship on April 26, at the Greenbrier in White Sulpher Springs, West Virginia.