Texas Tech Mens Golf

A Texas Tech player on a green on the Rawls Course on Feb. 9, 2017.

The No. 10 Texas Tech men’s golf team placed second behind TCU in the Lake Charles Invitational in Lake Charles, Louisiana. The team wrapped up the final round on Tuesday, March 19, at The Country Club at The Golden Nugget. 

Sandy Scott led the Red Raiders by shooting 64-65-74 for a combined final of 203, according to Tech Athletics, putting him at 13-under par for the tournament. He finished the tournament tied for second in the individual rankings just behind TCU's David Ravetto, who won the tournament at 19-under. 

Scott, a junior from Scotland and the No. 24-ranked player in the nation, also led the tournament with 19 birdies through 54 holes, according to Tech Athletics. This helped the Red Raiders lead the tournament as a team with 70 birdies, eight more than tournament winners TCU. 

Sophomore Kyle Hogan finished the tournament tied for fourth shooting 12-under with a 70-69-65 204 total, according to Tech Athletics. In his final round he shot seven birdies, finishing the round at 65 which is a season-low for the sophomore. 

Adam Blomme tied for 24th after shooting a 70-72-70 212 combined, while Ivan Ramirez and freshman Jansen Smith finished the three-round tournament at 218 and 219, according to Tech Athletics.

Playing in the Lake Charles Invitational as individuals, Markus Braadlie finished the tournament at seven-under for an 11th place finish and a combined score of 209, while Thomas Allkins finished the tournament at 229, according to Tech Athletics. 

Next, the Red Raiders will compete on April 6-7, at the Aggie Invitational in College Station.